»

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Four Questions-- Read this first!

Photobucket

Each review that I complete will answer four basic questions. These four questions will tell you what I believe is the essential information about any movie. These questions are:

Is this movie life changing?
-- Is it a "Ghandi" or a "The Color Purple?" Are you going to walk our feeling like you've been enlightened? I believe movies have this capability, and if this is one of them, you need to be prepared to get your ass to a theater.

Did I laugh/cry/want to punch someone/jump up and down?
-- Did I laugh my ass off? Did I cry like an idiot? If this is a date movie, you should know if you will possibly do anything embarrassing. Or if it's a ninja movie and I spontaneous start roundhouse kicking, you need to know to bring protective gear.

Would I buy this movie?
-- This might not mean it was the movie of the year, but it means the movie was worth watching more than 3 times. This means it has staying power and the potential to be a classic. Those are powerful words, my friend.

Who would I recommend this movie to?
-- This questions seems simple, but it is pretty important. With this question you can ask yourself, do I fall into this category? Or, should I take my mom/sister/girlfriend/grandma/dog to this movie?

0 comments: